Accelerator Terms of Service
Data Connection & Internet Access Terms of Service
While you are at Accelerator, you may connect to our wired and wireless data network to, among other things, access the internet, the “connection”. The connection is provided by Accelerator or one of its agents. By using or accessing the connection, you agree to these terms of service. Please read these terms carefully.
We may revise these terms at any time. You are deemed to accept the current terms each time you use or access the connection, and it is your responsibility to review it for any changes. If you do not accept these terms of service, you may not use the connection.
Your access to the connection is at our discretion. Your access may be blocked, suspended or terminated at any time and for any reason, including violation of these terms of service, disruption of access to other users or networks or to otherwise protect us, our users, or other third parties.
The connection is available to your device only when it is within wireless range of our access points or in your office or a meeting room through an ethernet cable to a data network port. The connection is generally subject to unavailability, including by reason of emergencies, service failures, transmission, equipment or network problems or limitations, interference, signal strength, and maintenance and repair. We are not responsible for any interruptions or performance issues with the connection, or the underlying network(s), transmission equipment and systems. Network speed will vary based on your device configuration, location, compression, network congestion and other factors. You are solely responsible for any devices, software, or other materials necessary for use of the connection.
Further, any identified prohibited uses may result in the removal of obscene/offensive content, or access/usage suspension or termination.
Privacy & Security
You acknowledge that no data network and internet-based communication is 100% secure, such communications could be intercepted by equipment and software and no such communication should be considered private or protected.
The Accelerator network and wireless network is a shared network, Accelerator and its agents (including Lucidica) reserve the right to exclude any piece of equipment at their discretion that causes adverse effects on the network.
Items and equipment that are expressly prohibited (collectively the “Naughty Equipment”) are:
- Routers, bridges, sub-switches, and any equipment capable of routing traffic
- Wireless transmitting devices including Wireless Access Points & Wireless Routers
- Server Equipment, including anything hosting content, traffic or providing services such as DHCP, DNS etc
You agree not to connect any Naughty Equipment to the network without prior written permission from Accelerator.
Own equipment and server services
Additional services to cover wifi, printing and other ‘server’ services can be provided upon request. You may also bring your own equipment, however any Naughty Equipment must first be audited and installed, and as such a charge normally applies.
Request for approval & technical queries
Should you wish to use server services, BYO equipment (including Naughty Equipment) or discuss further, please submit a request at helpdesk.accelerator-london.com.
You agree not to, and are prohibited from, accessing or using (or attempting to access or use) the connection or taking any action online that violates any applicable law or that could harm us or any third party or interfere with the operation of the data network to others (“Prohibited Uses”).
For example, among other items, you may not:
- upload or transmit through the connection any (a) computer viruses, worms, spam or anything else designed to interfere with or disrupt the normal operating procedures of a computer or network; or (b) any material which is defamatory, offensive, or of an obscene nature;
- take any action that imposes an unreasonable or disproportionately large load on our network or infrastructure or that violates or threatens or system or network security or that of our users or any third parties, including any attempt to circumvent any restrictions imposed on your access to or use of the connection or our other websites;
- use the connection to infringe or violate the intellectual property rights or proprietary rights of any third party;
- share your IP address or ISP Internet connection with anyone;
- reproduce, retransmit, disseminate, or resell the connection or authorize any other individual or entity to use the connection, whether for profit or not, without our express written permission.
- upload, share, host, etc. content that is obscene or otherwise offensive;
- upload, share, host, display, modify, publish, update or transmit information of the following nature:
- Information belonging to another person, over which the user has no right;
- Information which is grossly harmful, harassing, blasphemous, obscene, pornographic, paedophilic, libellous, hateful or otherwise unlawful in any manner;
- Information which encourages or relates to money laundering or gambling;
- Information which may harm minors in any way;
- Information which infringes any intellectual or proprietary rights;
- Information which is deceptive, menacing or grossly offensive;
- Information which impersonates another person;
- Information which contains any computer virus or other computer contaminant; and/or
- Information which incites the commission of an offence or which prevents the investigation if any offence.
Breaching “Prohibited Uses” may result in civil or criminal liability. We may report such breaches to relevant law enforcement authorities and co-operate with those authorities to prosecute users who violate these terms. We have the right, but not the obligation, to suspend or terminate your access and use of the connection and other services we may provide you and to block or remove any communications or materials transmitted through the connection.
Assistance to Government Agencies
In accordance with applicable law, we may be obligated to provide all available information and any assistance that may be required by Government agencies for the prevention, detection, investigation and prosecution of cyber-crimes and cyber security incidents.[Text Wrapping Break]
Additional Disclaimers; Liability Limitation
We are providing the connection on an “as is” and “as available” basis. To the extent permitted by law, we disclaim all warranties and terms, express or implied, including warranties, terms or representations as to the availability, operation, security, performance and/or use of our services, or any other materials on or accessed via our services, or the accuracy, speed, availability or uptime of the services, network, or data, including any warranties or terms of merchantability, fitness for a particular purpose, title, non-infringement and any implied warranties, terms or indemnification arising from course of dealing or course of performance.
You waive any and all claims and rights against us and our affiliates and successors and each of our employees, assignees, officers and agents (the “Accelerator Parties”) resulting from injury or damage to, or destruction, theft, or loss of, any property, person or pet, to the maximum extent permitted by applicable law. None of the Accelerator Parties will be liable to you under any cause of action, for any indirect, special, incidental, consequential, reliance or punitive damages, including loss of profits or business interruption. You will indemnify the Accelerator Parties from and against any and all claims, liabilities, and expenses (including reasonable attorneys’ fees), resulting from any breach of this agreement by you.
Some jurisdictions do not allow the exclusion of certain warranties or the exclusion or limitation of liability for consequential or incidental damages, so the exclusions and limitations above may not apply to you. In such event, such exclusions and limitations shall apply to the maximum extent allowed under applicable law.