Feeling overwhelmed with the admin side of starting a business? This session is for you.
On the 29th November, Cottons London will join us to discuss getting organised to start up on your own and ultimately leave you with a definitive plan to work with.
The topics covered by the presentation will include:
- When you need to register your business
- Sole Trader vs Limited Company – which structure is most suited to your business and the difference in tax regimes as well as legal considerations.
- Record keeping – the importance of good record keeping and what bookkeeping is
- Sales invoicing – creating invoices and getting paid
- Expenses – what costs can be claimed
- How to take money out of your company
- When to think about VAT registration
- Deadlines and submission requirements, when you need to complete your accounts
- Tax: some specialist areas such as R & D tax credits, video game tax relief and the Patent Box tax relief.
This session will take place 17.30 – 18.30. The presentation will last around 30-40 mins and will be followed by a Q&A to allow you to recap any of the areas covered above or ask any specific questions you may have.
Lead by a young, forward thinking team, Cottons London offer relatable advice to start-ups and established businesses alike. Come along to join us and them for a fun but valuable meeting.
29 November 2018
5:30 PM – 6:30 PM
35 Kingsland Road
London, E2 8AA